Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ross MLB Preview

So I already outlined the division nearest to my heart (the NL West) but here is a complete breakdown of how I feel everything will play out. Ill provide more on what I think and why as well as predicted win totals for all of the teams.

NL WEST:
1 Dodgers
2 Giants* (NL Wild Card)
3 D-Backs
4 Rockies
5 Padres

NL CENTRAL
1 Cardinals
2 Brewers
3 Cubs
4 Reds
5 Astros
6 Pirates

NL EAST
1 Phillies
2 Braves
3 Marlins
4 Mets
5 Nationals

AL WEST
1 Mariners
2 Rangers
3 Angels
4 A's

AL CENTRAL (Toughest division to predict in my opinion)
1 Tigers
2 Twins
3 White Sox
4 Indians
5 Royals

AL EAST
1 Yankees
2 Red Sox* (AL Wild Card)
3 Rays
4 Blue Jays
5 Orioles

NL Playoff Teams (From best to worst seed)
Phillies
Cardinals (NL Champs)
Dodgers
Giants

AL Playoff Teams (From best to worst seed)
Yankees (WS Champs)
Mariners
Tigers
Red Sox

Possible Sleepers (teams that could be a lot better than I expect)
NL: Marlins- lots of young talent, pretty good pitching staff, got hot last year
D-backs- incredible staff when healthy, and plenty of good hitters
AL: A's- see Marlins.
Rays- Just can't count them out.

Possible Busts:
NL: Giants- Can the pitching repeat last year's performance? Can they hit?
Braves- will the staff be able to make up for losing Vasquez?
AL: Mariners- Will all the new additions gel correctly? Will the bullpen hold up?
Tigers- lots of moves in the offseason, no major acquisitions.
Awards:
NL: Cy Young- Tim Lincecum
MVP- Albert Pujols

AL: CY- Cliff Lee
MVP- Alex Rodriguez

Best offseasons:
NL: Philadelphia -Halladay and a bunch of young guys in the megadeal
AL: Seattle - Lee, Figgins etc.

2 comments:

  1. Well, at the halfway point, it looks like I was right in calling the Mariners a potential bust team. Certainly didnt think it would be this bad though.
    Never saw the Padres or Reds coming (who did?), and I really thought the Phillies were a step ahead of everyone in the NL east.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I got 3/8 playoff teams right.
    I did get the order of finish in the NL East exactly right...and I did call the Rays a potential sleeper playoff team... either way.. not so hot.

    ReplyDelete